Thursday, March 31, 2011

Morrowind Part 5: Brave New World

Part 5:

After my failed massacre, I figure it's time to leave Seyda Neen. There's a whole new world out there, and my character's not gonna be stuck here in this damp little squat. All I have to do is buy some provisions and go on a hike. We'll be going to Balmora to deliver the package I talked about in the first part. Since I died in the last part, I loaded my saved game which is right after I killed the assassin who tried to murder us. I take a rest on the hammock to recover the HP I lost from the fight. Let's do this.

Fuck, not this shit again.


Okay, I lazily used the same picture from the last part but another assassin really did spawn and try to kill me. I'm not sure if that was just random chance or someone really wants me dead. This time, I opened a can of a much-improved version of whoop-ass oh him, which meant I only had to run away once. Luckily, the game was on our side since my spear kept hitting him. Once he was disposed of, I looted his armor. Now I have two sets! Hooray!

After an assassin-free sleep, I was ready to leave Seyda Neen. Along the way, I passed by Fargoth, who found out about our little robbery. He doesn't want to talk to me anymore, but his disposition is still high and he still compliments me. Before leaving, I decided to sell the second set of armor to lose some inventory weight. Unfortunately, Arrille was a rip-off, buying my extra cuirass for 640 gold when it was worth 1000. Jebus, he really broke my balls that time.

I headed North... I mean East... where the hell is the compass in this game? Nevermind. I headed to the left (does that make sense) of Seyda Neen, towards Balmora. As I was walking, I was greeted by screaming. I looked up and saw this:


After his untimely and painful demise, I approached his corpse. Looks like he was Tarhiel, a wizard who thought he had developed a spell for leaping great distances. He was right, except he didn't account for gravity. Whatever. What I was more interested in was his clothes. Which I promptly took.

Oh yeah...
Pretty damn pimpin' if I should say so myself. The pimp robe and the dildo hat should help us yiff all the Khajiit chicks 'round here. I am after all, a Poonhunter.

Walking to Balmora was pretty uneventful except for those goddamn mudcrabs and worms. Not threatening, just annoying. The first thing I saw that was worth nothing was this small town called Hla Oad.


It's a small peaceful fishing town. Which meant most of the people there were poor motherfuckers. That severely limited my looting opportunities. What a shame. I also talked to a fence. Yes, a fence. But not that fence you idiot.


I bought a few lockpicks from him and a couple of probes to disarm traps. I also thought about selling some Skooma (the Morrowind equivalent of crack) I recovered from the warehouse but like Arrille, he kept breaking my balls. The people also kept saying that they haven't “seen a Khajiit in such a grand outfit for a long time” which means that my pimp robe is working! Or it could just be because of the fact that Khajiits have a reputation for being dirt poor. I guess it's the former.

After my brief stint in Hla Oad, I continued towards Balmora until I saw this peculiar fellow.


Trying to be a smartass, eh? Well I ain't falling for that. I decide not to give him the gold and he attacks me. I ready my spear and charge at him. And miss. After a single axe swipe that takes away 34 of my 35 hit points, I decide it's not worth it and I haul ass back to Hla Oad. Unfortunately, he catches up and he chops me in the back, resulting in my untimely death.

One load game later, I was back in Hla Oad, this time deciding to stay clear of that ruffian. I head north towards Balmora. That's until I find out that I'm completely lost. I found out that I'm on the other side of a frigging mountain with Balmora on the other side.

We can do it!
Several painful falls and deaths later, I finally manage to get to the other side overlooking Balmora.













No comments:

Post a Comment