Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Morrowind Part 3: Grand Theft Fargoth

Part 3:

After that harrowing encounter with bandits, I figure it's time to get some better gear. I head back over to Arrilles and get a bow to use along with the looted arrows from the warehouse. I also bought some armor parts from him.


Yeah, I look like a total jackass because I mix-matched different pieces from different armor sets. Also, those pants. I'm gonna have to fix that pronto. 

 
I went and bought a robe. Yeah, I still look like a jackass because of the different shoulderpads and the clipping gauntlets but I'm really digging this look. Especially the manpurse and belt he's rockin'. However, we better get back to business 'cause I'm really getting hard... dat fur... and rob Fargoth's stash.

Hriskarr didn't know where Fargoth was hiding his gold but he told me to get up on the lighthouse and watch where Fargoth would stash his gold. So I did. 

 
I went inside the lighthouse (it's also Processus' girlfriend's house) and went up to the top. The only notable loot I found was the book The Wraith's Wedding Dowry, a story about a how female Orc Thieve's Guild member's wedding dowry is stolen and how she kicks ass to get it back in time for her wedding with an Imperial. Suffice to say, it's a good story and it takes the term “interracial” to a whole new level. Anyway, I went up to the top and waited for 8 hours.... using the game's wait feature. 


Sure enough, Fargoth was there, looking like a total doofus by sneaking around in front of everyone. Apparently, Fargoth does this every night because the townspeople don't seem to give a shit. Fargoth also didn't mind me interrupting his sneaking, good thing since we're gonna rob his stash. After dicking around for a while, Fargoth finally approached his stash... a hollow treestump in front of three houses. Yeah... I'm sure that no one ever looks into that. 

 
To be fair it's in a swamp, but to be unfair, while Fargoth was stashing his stuff, about 5 people were looking at him. Great hiding place indeed. After Fargoth left his stash, I swooped in and took a peek. Apparently, he was hiding 300 drakes there and his ring. Naturally, I took his hard-earned gold but I left his ring alone. I'm an asshole, but not that much of an asshole. As soon as I stole his money, I head on back to bar. Not to give the money back to Hriskarr though. Screw him and his empire; my character needs the money. Instead, I went there to buy some bread.

This time, there was in-house entertainment in the form of a badly-modeled bard.

HELP I'M STUCK IN 1996!!!

Seriously, look at her. The face is weird, the torso looks like a box and the hips look like a Barbie doll's. Also, it seems that the engineers of Morrowind managed to make a record player in the shape of a lute (is that her instrument?) because it definitely sounds like one. It's even complete with clicks, pops, and hiss!

I'm not saying that the idea of the bard itself is bad though. It's great since it adds a lot of atmosphere to the bars in the game. I salute the modder who made this. Salute and send a link to a modeling tutorial.

After buying the bread and leaving the bar, I decide to talk to Fargoth to see if he's noticed our little robbery. He hasn't. After talking to him, my character then complained of how weary he was and that he needed to sleep. I went to the shack I “repossessed” from Foryn and slept there. It was a bit uncomfortable since it was just a hammock, but I guess that's what you get for killing a poor person. Let's go kill a rich person next time so we can a mansion. And a decent bed.

Morrowind: Livin' Large







No comments:

Post a Comment